We are a community-based heart failure service covering Great Yarmouth and Waveney; we review patients who have a diagnosis of heart failure confirmed by echocardiogram. We work with GPs, cardiologists and any health professional involved in a patient’s care.
We provide the following:
- Home visits, clinic and telephone reviews, depending upon clinical need
- An initial comprehensive heart failure patient assessment and management plan for each patient and referring health professional
- Education on heart failure diagnosis and medications
- Support with optimisation and titration of evidence-based heart failure medications, to achieve individual optimum doses
- Advice on self-monitoring, how to recognise worsening heart failure symptoms early and when to seek help
- Prevention of hospital admission/readmission where possible
- Lifestyle advice and referrals to other services if required
Patients must be referred by their GP or a health professional involved in their care.
Patients previously known to the service who have been discharged by the team can self-refer themselves back to the service.
Service times: 08:30am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
Telephone: ECCA - 01493 809977