Meet and Greet, Halesworth Phlebotomy Clinic
We’re seeking volunteers to support the phlebotomy clinic at Patrick Stead Hospital in Halesworth.
We're looking for a commitment of one morning a week, 8:30am–12:30pm, on either a Monday, Tuesday or Friday. The role includes helping the clinic to open up for the day, greeting and checking in patients, and supporting the phlebotomy team with admin as needed.
Apply directly here: https://bit.ly/3ytNlKv
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We are currently looking for volunteers in Beccles, Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth. There are also opportunities to volunteer from your own home. All volunteers will be registered through Voluntary Norfolk.
Like other NHS organisations we expect to have vacancies for:
- This role involves collecting shopping, medication or other essential supplies for someone who is self-isolating and delivering these supplies to their home.
- A hospital based role preparing a list of items e.g. medication and/or food into bags for patients being discharged from hospital.
- A hospital based role to support front line staff by undertaking the more menial non-clinical aspects of their roles to allow them to focus on patient care e.g. administration, stock room maintenance, ordering of supplies.
- This role supports the NHS by providing transport to patients who are medically fit for discharge, and ensuring they are settled safely back into their home.
- This role involves transporting equipment, supplies and/or medication between NHS services and sites.
- This role provides short-term friendship and emotional telephone support to individuals who are at risk of loneliness perhaps following discharge from hospital or as a result of self-isolation. This can be done from your own home.
All volunteers must be 18 or over
To volunteer outside of your home you must be fit and well with no coronavirus symptoms.
Those in higher-risk groups (including those over 70, those who are pregnant or with underlying medical conditions) will only be able to volunteer from home at this time
All volunteers will be provided with training to ensure that they understand their role and can complete it safely. Ongoing support is provided by a named Volunteer Champion and the Volunteer Coordinator.