Home-based Telephone Roles
We’re seeking volunteers to support ECCH with a number of home-based telephone roles. From contacting patients to carry out a welfare check to helping complete patient satisfaction surveys, we have a number of roles that can be done at a time to suit you that will fit around other commitments.
Apply directly here: MyImpactPage - Application Form - ECCH Volunteer Service (betterimpact.com)
Or email email@example.com for further information.
We are currently looking for volunteers in the east coast area, particularly Beccles and Lowestoft. There are also opportunities to volunteer from your own home. All volunteers will be registered through Voluntary Norfolk.
Please note that we are unable to issue certificates of sponsorship for volunteers; our roles are therefore only suitable for UK and Irish citizens or those with permanent residency in the UK and Ireland.
Potential roles could include:
- A hospital-based role to provide companionship to patients on the ward and supporting them to engage in activities.
- A hospital-based role to support frontline staff by undertaking the more menial non-clinical aspects of their roles to allow them to focus on patient care, e.g. administration, stock room maintenance, ordering of supplies.
- This role involves calling patients to check how they are, following discharge from an ECCH service. This can be done from your own home.
- This role involves calling patients, who have agreed to be contacted, and helping them to complete a patient satisfaction survey. This can be done from your own home.
- A clinic-based role that provides a welcome to patients arriving at clinics, making sure they feel welcome, know where they are going and helping to ensure that Covid safety is maintained.
Please note: All volunteers must be 18 or over
To volunteer outside of your home, you must be fit and well with no coronavirus symptoms.
All volunteers will be provided with training to ensure that they understand their role and can complete it safely. Ongoing support is provided by a named Volunteer Champion and the Volunteer Coordinator.