Following advice from NHS England, we are cancelling all routine appointments and visits with a focus on protecting those who are most vulnerable in our communities.
We apologise if we cannot currently meet your expectations and sincerely thank you for your patience and support at this difficult time
Occupational Therapy - Working within Primary Care Homes
Our occupational therapists promote activity, quality of life and realisation of potential in people aged 18 and over in the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area.
They assess a patient’s physical, psychological and social functions and involve them in a structured programme of activity to promote improved health and quality of daily life.
The Occupational Therapy Service can provide a range of services including:
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Retraining service users in personal and domestic activities that are necessary for daily living
- The assessment of seating needs
- Re-educating service users, utilising standardised assessments, in order to improve cognitive and perceptual dysfunction
- Splinting to prevent deformities and to control pain relating to rheumatology
- Home assessments, provision of equipment and facilitation of adaptations to the home to enable service users to remain in their own homes and reduce long-term care placements
- Referral to Social Care Services for housing adaptations
- Provision of Lifestyle Management advice
- Provision of advice and education about relaxation techniques and energy conservation
- Provision of support and education for Carers
- Provision of equipment and ongoing referrals into wheelchair services
Our service is delivered in clinics but we can also visit people in their own homes if their condition means they are unable to access a clinic. We operate from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) at all sites/bases.
We are currently running clinics at Beccles Hospital, Patrick Stead Hospital and in the Cranbrook Unit at Northgate Hospital, Great Yarmouth.
All referrals to the Occupational Therapy Service must be made through a GP or health professional.
Download referral form.
Find out more about the Primary Care Networks
St Mary's Rd
Patrick Stead Hospital