The specialist continence nursing team could deliver sessions on the following:
- Assessment of continence
- Types of incontinence
- Treatments for incontinence including: fluid advice, bladder training, pelvic floor exercises, medication and surgical options
- Managing incontinence including: incontinence pads and sheaths
- Indications are catheterisation
- Types of catheter and drainage options
- Insertion of female, male and changing suprapubic catheter using anatomical models
- Assessment of LUTS in the community including: interpretation of uroflometry and residual results
- Causes of LUTS
- Treatment and management of LUTS
Be confident at assessing continence and LUTS in the community, know which patients to refer and to what service.
The sessions could be delivered to a large group, smaller group of no more than 10 would be needed to teach catheterisation as a practical session
The costs are inclusive of trainer, travel, equipment, certificates, copy of the signed attendance sheet and any handouts.
Prices available upon request.
Please complete a booking form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or enquiries to 01502 445300 / 01502 445315.