School Nursing Service
We provide a School Nursing service to all children aged 5 to 19 years and their families / carers within Lowestoft and Waveney area, following on from the health visiting service.
The aim of this service is to deliver the Healthy Child Programme for children and young people in school (including 6th form), or at home, and includes:
- Hearing and/or Vision testing offered to all YR (Reception Year) children.
- Health, development and behavioural advice and support to children, young people and their parents/carers (including parenting advice, weight/dietary advice, bedwetting ('enuresis'), soiling, bereavement support, anger management, self-esteem issues, and bullying.
- Secondary school drop in to support mental health and wellbeing and relationships
- PSHE /SRE within schools
- Sexual health (e.g. contraception, sexual orientation)
- Medicine management
- Drugs, alcohol and smoking
- Domestic violence
- Safeguarding Children
- Child protection
Every school has access to a named practitioner within the school nurse team who will work in partnership with children, parents, carers, health professionals and teachers to promote and maintain good health of all school aged children.
Referrals are accepted from Healthcare or Social Care professionals and directly from patients who can self-refer. Please use our referral form.